Television White Space (TVWS) refers to the part of the broadcasting spectrum that is not being used by incumbent broadcast services at particular times and in certain geographic areas, which can be used for the provision of wireless broadband services.
It is similar to Wi-Fi, but with expanded coverage that exceeds traditional Wi-Fi.
As telecom consumer, what you want at all times is the delivery of qualitative and efficient service services on your mobile networks. But beyond paying for and getting services from the networks, there are expectations from your as telecoms consumers, bordering on the role you should voluntarily play, in collaboration with the NCC and law enforcement agencies, in protecting the that critical telecom infrastructure in your community or area that delivers the services to you.
What is Data Depletion?
Generally, data depletion happens as a result of data usage or consumption. Data depletion has a negative connotation with respect to data usage or consumption by a consumer on his or her phone that is connected to a mobile network.The term presupposes that a telecoms consumer experiences early, faster, sharp and suspicious depletion on his or her subscribed data compared to what he or she naturally believes should be a moderate reduction in data bundle as a result of usage on his or her device.
Have you ever imagined experiencing internet speed on your current 4G network times 10 at some point in future? Have you thought about having all your television, your door, your refrigerator and other home appliances being controlled by a single mobile phone on your palm?
Welcome to the world of 5G network, which is an advancement on the current 4G network being used in Nigerians. The 5G network is no longer a future technology, as it is being perceived in some quarters, but rather a technology urgently needed in every economy today because of its high efficiency.
An "App", in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) world, is an abbreviation for "Application." An app is a type of software that can be installed and run on smart devices to allow you perform specific task. It provides a simple way to access content and services through smart devices using the internet.Mobile apps are application for mobile devices. Apps have become the principal way through which users tap into the smartphone revolution. There are millions of apps on both the Apple Store and Android app stores (Google Play Store) which can be downloaded and installed on smart phones.
What is a Counterfeit Phone?A counterfeit phone is one that, without permission, bears a trademark that is identical or indistinguishable from a registered phone manufacturer. Greater demand for mobile phones has resulted in a rise in counterfeit phones, batteries and accessories. Counterfeit mobile devices are therefore very cheap and have contributed to teledensity in the country.
In addition to the Consumer Bill of Rights, telecoms service providers in Nigeria are obliged under the Consumer Code of Practice Regulations (CCPR), 2007 to do the following for their subscribers and/or consumers:
- Provide information on products and services that is complete, accurate, and up-to-date in simple and clear language.
- Ensure timely response to requests for information on products and services, and such information must be provided free of charge.
- Provide consumers with billing rates and terms and conditions for all services on offer to the public. The information must be in both electronic and print format and must be available on the operator's website and all retail outlets.
- Communicate promptly any change in tariff rates and conditions for services communicated to consumers.
- On request, service providers must make available to consumers a contract or agreement for provision of services, which must be written in simple and plain language. 4
Have you lost a phone or had it stolen? How did you handle the situation? Losing/misplacing a phone can make a person feel almost empty in modern times. These days, phones are used for so much more than making phone calls, and the thought of a stranger having access to all that data on your phone can make you feel as if you were stripped off of everything. Here are some steps you can take immediately when you lose your Phone.
Credit card fraud across the internet is one of the more common examples of this type of crime. Some people fall prey to this type of scam because they are careless with their debit or credit cards whilst others are duped by clever phishing schemes (this is a way that criminals get sensitive information like usernames or passwords). These quick tips may help you lessen the risk of credit card fraud;
- Do not ever allow the card out of your possession
- Check your payment receipt every time and make sure the amount is correct
- Try not to write the pin number anywhere and memorize it well
- Get the card canceled if misplaced in any situation
- Be careful while making big transactions
- Be careful while responding to special offers online
- When making purchases online, ensure that the vendor is credible with a strong track record of reliability.
- Ensure that the website of the vendor uses the secure HTTP protocol - the address of the website (URL) where you are making the purchase must begin with https://
Internet fraud is the use of internet services to defraud victims or to otherwise take advantage of them. Such schemes have led to the loss of millions of dollars each year from victims and continue to plague internet users in various forms.It usually involves a criminal or group of criminals attempting to trick or scam a target using the Internet, leading to the person who is being tricked sending money to the criminals. Internet fraud can take place using internet applications such as chat rooms, e-mail, message boards, or simple web sites. Advertisements that pop up on the internet have a big risk of being scams.
Types of Internet Fraud
Types of internet fraud include but are not limited to;
- Stolen credit/debit card.
- Fake Auctions.
- Fake Websites.
Mobile Handsets offer a wide range of functions such as voice calls, text messages, chats, emails, internet browsing and business/ financial transactions.
The word Counterfeit according to Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary (7th Edition) means something that is made to look exactly like the original with the intent of tricking people into thinking that they are getting the real thing. Consumers often opt for counterfeit phones because they are cheap and look original. It is however important to know of some of the hazards of using counterfeit Handsets.