NCC DIRECTION ON DATA ROLLOVERPursuant To Section 53 of the Nigerian Communications Act 2003, Service Providers shall on or before June 26, 2018 comply with this Direction: That Service Providers should at expiration of data plan rollover consumers unused data plan, upon renewal within the following period stipulated below;
# Bundle Data Plan Rollover Period 1 1 day 1 day 2 Above 1 day but less than 30 days 3 days 3 30 days and above 7 days
NCC DIRECTION ON FORCEFUL SUBSCRIPTION TO DATA SERVICES AND VALUE ADDED SERVICESVariation/Modification of Direction under Section 54 of the Nigerian Communications Act 2003 dated May 21, 2019:
- That Service Providers should desist from forceful renewal of data services and activation to data and value added services without prior consent of the consumer. Consent shall be via SMS, USSD or email.
- That Service Providers shall make available 2 alternative options
- Auto renewal Purchase
- One off Purchase
NCC DIRECTION ON AUTOMATIC MIGRATION TO PAY-AS –YOU-GOPursuant To Section 53 of the Nigerian Communications Act 2003 and in line with its regulatory functions of protecting the interest of consumers issue this Direction to Service Providers is with effect from August 24, 2015;
- That where a consumer data bundle is depleted before the due date, Service Providers should inform their consumer through SMS regarding the billing rate for automatic migration.
NCC DIRECTION ON AUTOMATIC RENEWAL OF DATA SERVICESPursuant To Section 53 of the Nigerian Communications Act 2003 and in line with its regulatory functions of protecting the interest of consumers issue this Direction to Service Providers is with effect from May 21, 2018;
- That Service Providers should desist from automatic renewal of data service/activation and subscription to data and value added service without prior consent of consumers. The consent shall be through SMS, USSD or email
- That notwithstanding the consent of the consumer’s initial subscription on activation, Service Providers are expected to validate every request of data/ VAS by requesting and receiving a second level SMS confirmation.