The ICT Consumer Watch Magazine is a publication that aims to educate, enlighten and protect consumers regarding ICT products and services in the country. The magazine serves as a voice for consumers and would also seek to highlight the responsibilities and obligations of the Service Providers, expose consumer abuses and untoward actions by Service Providers. It serves as a watch.
The magazine was undertaken by the Consumer Affairs Bureau in line with its mandate to adequately protect, inform and educate the telecom consumers. The publication of the dedicated telecom consumer magazine is aimed to bestow the following benefits to the consumers:
- To educate, enlighten and protect the consumer regarding ICT products and services in the country;
- To empower consumers through information dissemination;
- To bridge existing gaps between consumers and other stakeholders;
- To give a voice to consumers that cannot reach their operators;
- To provide consumers with complete and accurate information in simple and clear language;
- To make it affordable to the common man on the street.
The ICT Consumer Watch Magazine is a bi-monthly insert in a National Newspaper and compliments other education and enlightenment programmes initiated by the Nigerian Communications Commission for the benefit of the telecom consumers. Furthermore, the consumer centric magazine would contain information for consumer benefits e.g. ICT packages such as internet services, Fixed lines/CDMA, comparative tariffs, service and product offerings, promotions by service providers, list of type approved handsets and a list of those not type-approved by the Nigerian Communications Commission. It also includes short light entertainments such as telecom quizzes, cartoon/humour section, crossword puzzle, e.t.c. for our teeming telecom consumer readers. ….Click here to view article