ICAF was established to act in advisory capacity and make recommendations to the Commission regarding the interests and concerns of Consumers of ICT products and services, including persons with special needs.
Since its inception, the forum has acted in an advisory capacity on issues bordering the protection of ICT Consumers. The meeting has made valuable recommendations and suggestions on topical issues such as:
- SIM card registration
- Incessant telecom sale promotions
- The need for greater collaboration and awareness creation on Nigerian Child Online Protection
- Improvement of Quality of Service by Network Operators
- Anti-phone theft scheme
- ICT Service Provisioning for Persons with special needs
- Need for enhanced enforcement of the provisions of the Consumer Code of practice Regulation 2007
- Advisory on increased crime rate in ATM (Bank system) related issues
- Right of Way issues
- Mobile money
- Mobile Number Portability
- Broadband availability
- Anti-trust bill
- Critical Infrastructure Bill
- Multiple Taxation
- Do-Not-Disturb (DND) initiative arising from Consumer complaints on unsolicited marketing messages (voice and SMS); amongst others.
- Communication Tax Bill
- Data depletion and monthly roll-over of un-used data bundles.